Thursday, February 12, 2009

How to Make a Fort


If you are like me, you have forts found all throughout your home. No matter what room there is a pile of pillows from whatever lay nearby and a covering of blankets raided from my nicely folded linen closet. DRIVES ME CRAZY! I have enough to fold with all the laundry. Well, I decided one day that I needed to figure out an easy-assemble fort. Talk about Industrial Era mentality right?! So I got some old curtains, threaded them through some yarn/string stuff and made easy on/off handles that would attach over the drapery hook. And you can pull it off and roll in placing it in the wicker basket by the side of the couch. I LOVE this thing. However, I am sitting in my room now, in front of yet another lovely abode made from the blankets on my bed... which was for some reason superior to my creation. Why? Because it was MY creation. Point being... there is a place for manufactured forts... but MOM's what is wrong with us!? The point is to CREATE a fort, not use it! They don't always realize that either... but it is. And, once again... they feel pride in their work and USE it. (Ever seen those Dora forts?! Kids only use them when their friends are over)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. :) I can relate to this post today. My fam is all sick...Robby says this is the sickest he has ever felt as an adult. The kiddos have been running amock despite being ill. SO, to get to the point, we have no less than three corners inhabited by forts at the moment. The positive thing: I get to just sit here for a good portion of the day and watch the magic happen.

    ReplyDelete