Friday, February 27, 2009

How to Make Homemade Ground Wheat Bread



All you need is some wheat berries, a wheat grinder and saf yeast. Yes, I realize that most people don't have those things lying around. That is why I start there. If you really want to do this, look into it... for the health and welfare of your family. It's a great idea for food storage and a wonderful way to bond with your family. (it was nice to throw some of my photography into my blog again... i've been posting lame pictures)

Here is the recipe I swear by. I prefer simple, quick methods to confusing ones. That is why I love this recipe. It turns out DELICIOUSLY and it only takes me about 15 minutes to put it together. Then, it rises for 45 in the pans and bakes for 35-40 min. If you have made whole wheat bread before, you may find that startling. :) Here is the recipe. Requested from the family blog.
When you pull it out of the oven, use a knife to pull the bread gently away from the pan, then turn the pan upside down, supporting the bread from the top with a gloved hand. Gently place the loaf on a cooling rack and allow to cool for at least an hour before bagging. Then, leave the bag open for a little bit to not choke the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment