Thursday, February 19, 2009

How to Play Play-doh




I had a conversation last night with a mom who told me she met some mom's who don't allow their children to play with play-doh. In protection of their homes. Perhaps the negative results come because the children are bored?! Meaning, do you sit them down with the gooey substance, but don't give them any ideas or tools to DO something with it? If the substance is solitary, they will experiment... and they should. SO, I would say... do it this way if you are one of those mom's that fears nastied carpet and clothes. First, cover your table with a cheap left-over party cloth. I have had mine over a year. 2 bucks. Then, I give them wipeable mats so they subconsciously think to keep it on the mat. Then, I cover the middle of the table with rolling pins, smooth edges knives, cookie cutters etc. Callie has figured out her sleeve makes a really cool design too. I, personally, am really happy about that discovery. Textures are great art methods. Anyway, they were there a good hour at the table. Even squirmy Mariah only got up once. I had music playing and they had their cookie cutter animals eating each other and their cookie cutter dogs playing fetch. What fun!! ( Tip: If you get some on the floor, wait till it dries, THEN sweep.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment